RRR:
334
RRH:
157
Mayer:
130
YEAR:
1135
INSTITUTION RECIPIENT:
Holy Sepulchre
text:
Aug. 2. Antioch. Fulk, dei gratia rex Iherusalem tercius Latinus nec non baiulus et tutor Antiocheni principatus, records that the canons of the Holy Sepulchre had sought in the court of Antioch [curia Antiochiᶒ] properties in the territory of Antioch that they had lost a long time ago. Having investigated through officials of the secrete [secretarii] and witnesses, with reference to the principality and the patriarchate, Fulk judges in favour of the Holy Sepulchre. Out of reverence for the relic of the True Cross, which he has brought with him to Antioch to help free the Christians, he makes an eleemosynary grant, restoring to the Holy Sepulchre the possessions it had under Byzantine rule [in tempore Grecorum], as recorded by the officials of the secrete [a secretariis nostris]. Witnesses: Bernardus Antiochenus patriarcha; Radulfus Mamistranus archiepiscopus; Stephanus Tarsensis, archiepiscopus; S. Arthasiensis episcopus; Anselmus Bethleemita episcopus; A. archidiaconus; Johannes Bethleem canonicus; of the barones, Rainaldus Masuerius; Guido de Merlo; E. de Moszon; Gaufridus de Guirchia; W. de Uerno; Leo dux; Thomas vicecomes; of the burgenses, Godefridus filius Raimbaldi; Willelmus Aversanus; B. Berriensis. The charter was drawn up by Franco cancellarius.
Transaction Type :
INSTITUTION NUMBER:
283
Sources:
Mayer, UKJ 1:300-2, no. 130 (RRH no. 157)
GRANTOR:
King Fulk
RECEPIENT:
Canons of the Holy Sepulchre

