RRR:
438
RRH:
220
Other:
Hiestand, PK, pp. 172-4, no. 52
YEAR:
1144
INSTITUTION RECIPIENT:
Holy Sepulchre
text:
Jan. 10. Lateran. Writing to Petrus prior and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre, Pope Celestine II confirms all donations made to the Holy Sepulchre: half of the oblations made to the Holy Sepulchre; all oblations made to the relic of the True Cross; all oblations to altars in the church of the Holy Sepulchre, as given by the patriarchs; houses, stationes and ovens in the city of Jerusalem, except for 2, which belong to the Hospital of St John and the church of St Mary of the Latins, given by Duke Godfrey and his brother King Baldwin; all casalia and properties given by benefactors. He lists: in the territory of Jerusalem, Mahumeria, Sabaiet, Cafarcab, Calandria, Armotia, Ramitta, Beteligel, Bethsuri, Aessens; in the territory of Ramla, the casale of Gith; in the territory of Caesarea, castellum Feniculi; in the territory of Tyre the casale of Derina and a garden lying between the wall and forewall of the city of Tyre; a garden, mills and other possessions in and around Antioch; the church of Quarantena; the church of St Peter in Jaffa; the church of the Holy Sepulchre in Acre, with land and a house given by Lambertus Hals; in the territory of Acre the church of Sancta Maria de Mimas; the church of St Mary in the city of Tyre; the church of the Holy Sepulchre on Mont Pèlerin; the church of Sanctus Georgius in Montanis; and properties in southern Italy and Germany.
Transaction Type :
INSTITUTION NUMBER:
283
Sources:
Hiestand, PK, pp. 172-4, no. 52 (RRH no. 220)
GRANTOR:
Pope Celestine II
RECEPIENT:
Petrus prior and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre

